I always fix something for hubby’s night shift. So he can have a midnight lunch when he’s hungry. Today I made Bourbon Chicken and rice. I put it on a plate for a photo opt first before packing it for him 🙂 I had a taste of course ! And it was lovely! Yet another delicious recipe from Recipezaar! I love it !
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved.
- Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice and ENJOY
*** I added a few pinches of corn starch at the end, after I removed the chicken, to thicken the sauce a little bit. The sauce without cornstarch was sticky but too thin and wouldn’t stick to the chicken.